Published: June 26, 2017
Key Dates of Competition
- 26 June – Competition opens
- 2 Aug – Competition closes
- 3 Aug – Submitted logos will go on display at Sundowners that evening in Hanoi and HCMC as well as on AusCham’s Facebook page. On line voting for Most Liked logo commences (on Facebook)
- 7 Sept – Online voting closes. Winner of Competition AND “Most Liked” logo announced at Sundowners that evening.
- Winning Logo: One (1) Armani Exchange watch (women’s or men’s watch). Special thanks to FB watchmefossilvietnam (available at WSI Crescent Mall and other authorized retailers in Vietnam). For photos, scroll down page.
- Most Liked logo: Two (2) nights’ accommodation at Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang. Click here for promo video of Centara Sandy Beach Resort.
IT’S TIME TO DESIGN!
A New Logo for
AusCham, the Australian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam
This competition is open to all. You don’t need to be a professional designer. No matter what your profession, or your position, if you have creative talent, you could be our winner!
What is AusCham?
AusCham is a membership-based, independent NGO (Non Governmental Organisation) which represents and promotes the business interests of our members who have a connection with Australia (eg ownership, staff, alumni (staff who have studied in Australia), customers, suppliers etc). AusCham supports the development of the bilateral trade relationship between Vietnam and Australia. AusCham is a national organization with elected directors based in both Hanoi and HCMC supported by five permanent staff.
AusCham’s links extend throughout each of Vietnam’s provinces, as well as back into Australia.
The new logo
AusCham’s Board believes the time is ripe to update the organisation’s logo to make it more professional, modern and dynamic. The logo should demonstrate a connection between Australia and Vietnam – via the business interests of our members.
Where will the new logo be used?
The winning logo will be used for all AusCham’s marketing materials and documents including our website, business cards, promotional goods, event banners and more. This competition represents an opportunity for an emerging creative to really make a mark!
- In addition to exposure, the winning logo will win an Armani Exchange watch (men’s or women’s). Special thanks to Watch me Fossil Vietnam.
- Separately, the most popular entry on Facebook will win two (2) nights’ accommodation at the Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang. Click here for promo video of Centara Sandy Beach Resort.
All entries need to be submitted here by 2 August 2017.
All entries deemed suitable by the organisers will be uploaded onto AusCham’s Facebook Page on 3 August 2017.
Online voting will then take place to determine the Most Popular Design on Facebook.
Separately, AusCham shall select the Best Design.
Announcement of winners
The winners of both awards will be announced at Sundowners on 7 September 2017.
Logo Competition Rules
- Competition participants will submit designs for a new logo for the Australian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (“AusCham Vietnam”). The winning design will be adopted as the official logo for AusCham Vietnam.
- The competition opens on 22 June and closes on 2 August 2017.
- The logo should capture this key message: AusCham is a membership-based organization which supports/promotes/advocates member businesses in Vietnam that have strong Australian links. In addition, it promotes and encourages the bilateral trade relationship between Australia and Vietnam.
- All entries will be uploaded to Facebook and exhibited at Sundowners on 3 August. The public will then be able to vote for the “Most Liked” logo.
Who is eligible:
This contest is open to all people and organisations so you don’t need to be a professional designer to enter. Contestants can submit multiple entries.
Deadline for submissions:
The deadline for submissions is 12 midday on Wednesday, 2 August 2017.
How to submit:
- Submit your entry through this link here
Requirements for entries:
- Entry is a high resolution JPEG image, not exceeding 2MB.
- Each entry will include two different sizes, all in one page as follows:
- A color logo
- A black and white logo
- Entries must bear no signatures or any personal signals.
- The winning entrant must also provide AusCham with the original working files in an agreed format such as eps /ai format.
AusCham reserves the right to amend / adapt / modify the winning entry in any way it deems appropriate.
Other Terms and Conditions
- The logo must be original and must not have received any previous awards.
- The work must be created by the artist him/herself.
- Logo design for this competition cannot give rise to any claim for financial compensation.
- The award–winning works become the property of AusCham Vietnam from the date they are received. The designer waives any intellectual property rights (including design, marks, copyright and all associated moral rights) in their design. AusCham Vietnam may use the design at its discretion, and reserves the right to determine which entries it displays.
- Any person submitting a logo proposal for the competition certifies that he/she is the designer. He/she also certifies that the logo does not infringe the rights of any third party and is not in violation of any intellectual property rights.
- The winner will be informed directly by AusCham Vietnam by telephone or email and will be invited to an announcement about the prize at Sundowners in either Hanoi or HCMC on 7 September 2017. Any expenses incurred in travelling to/from Sundowners are the responsibility of the winner.
- By participating in the competition, participants accept all competition rules and agree to be bound by them.
- The decision of the judging panel is final.